Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Digital Dust Bunnies I

Like most people these days, I take a lot of photos. Unlike most people, I converted entirely to digital photography somewhat reluctantly. Don't get me wrong, I think the digital way is more convenient and user-friendly (though typing that out makes me cringe and hope my beloved, well-traveled, non-digital, SLR camera didn't hear me think it). Each year I've had my digi-cam I've taken more and more photos. I started in 2007 taking 236 and so far this year I've taken nearly 800. Now these stats are skewed as 99% of this year's photos are of my 8 month old baby boy (and I know full well that the next kid won't be quite so well documented). Nonetheless, I have a lot of images on my hard drive and, while I don't have shoeboxes full of negatives, neither do I have have photo albums to show, share, or peruse (unless you count online albums).
So I was thinking about printing out the best of the last four years and while going through my early digital images I realized that I'd forgotten that I used to take shots of subjects other than baby Oakley. Here's a few images that aren't film but are at least pure in the sense that it was before I knew how to crop and retouch photos on my computer. Photos like these always feel like they deserve more than to be relegated to a position next to pictures of our summer croquet party, and yet I'm not about to blow them up and hang them on my wall, so I've deemed them blog worthy.
















No comments:

Post a Comment